Though I haven't had time to do any crafting, I have had some time to shop. My husband says that I am a scrapbook supply hoarder. LOL.....at least the craft room is clean....well, mostly clean. I want to catch everyone up on what I have been up to in the past 4 months.
- I attended the Scrapbook Expo, which was held at the Gaylord Texan Hotel, which
was a lot of fun, and I got a lot of great deals. I bought a Sizzix Big Shot, and bunch of items from Clear Scraps, and some inks, which I have never used before, but would like to try it out. I also got to meet Stephanie Barnard from the Stamps of Life. These stamps and coordinating dies are quickly turning me into a stamper!
- I purchased a Cricut Explore the first day they were available to the public. I wasn't going to do it, I was going to wait to see if it was a great as everyone thought it was going to be, and then I couldn't stand it. I just decided to run up to my local JoAnn's and I was lucky and got the last one. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but the couple of projects I have made have turned out fantastic. I can't believe how small and detailed this thing can cut...it's amazing.
- Not crafting related...yet...but we bought new living room furniture. It's beautiful, dark grey leather with wide white stitching. I think it's time to paint the walls and give the rest of the room a refreshed look.
- I've been traveling a lot with my job at the Texas State Historical Association. I've been all over Texas, in the past few months, visiting Austin and San Antonio a couple of different times, Marshall, and Bryan-College Station. Over the next month, I will visit Austin for Texas History Day and will travel to Edinburg for a teacher workshop.. Always on the go....
- On my way home from a work trip last week, I stopped by a scrapbook store in called Scrapin' Goodtime. It is a store and retreat, which is super cute, has some great products, and I think I need to book a mini-vacay for myself in the near future.