I believe in giving credit to those I learn from. I found this video: Faux Textured Metal Paper on the Jennifer McGuire Ink blog (the link will take you to this specific video). She has some great stuff, so check it out.
The general steps to make these cards are:
- Cut a front card panel, I cut mine at 5 X 3 3/4. This made my front panel 1/4 smaller on each side of a standard A2 size card front.
- Next, I used washi tape to mask off 1/4 in on each side of my front panel.
- Using Tim Holtz Distress Inks, I colored my front panel, blending the 3 different colors as I went. I used Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, and Blueprint Sketch.
- Now for the Perfect Pearls, I used a dry brush, and Forever Blue Perfect Pearls. On the video, Jennifer used a silver and copper color to make her cards have a metal look. I did not have either of those, so I used blue, and still got a beautiful set of cards. Then peal away the washi tape.
- Next, wipe the card panels down with a dry cloth. This "sets" the perfect pearls and wipes away any excess.
- Then, I cut a stitched circle (My Favorite Things) out of white cardstock and "Thank you" (Stamps of Life) from silver cardstock, and embossed each of the card panel using embossing folders that I had in my collection. (Dots on a Line by Sizzix, and Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes by Provo Craft).
- To finish the cards off, I used some silver twine and silver sequins (both by Stamps of Life), attached the die cuts using some foam tape, then attached the card panels on a standard A2 size card base.
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, and Blueprint Sketch
Perfect Pearls: Forever Blue
Stamps of Life: "Thank You" die, silver twine, silver sequins
My Favorite Things: Stitched Stackable Circles
Pause Dream Enjoy
Glitter 'N' Sparkle
Come and Get It
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends
Pile it On
Crafting by Designs
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie